Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Be Still.

When the electric power went out recently, I was impressed by how quiet it was. We live with continual background noise. Indoors we have the sounds of air conditioning, washers, dryers, TVs, computers, telephones, fax machines, answer machines, stereos, and kids. Outdoors are edgers, chainsaws, leafblowers, planes, trains, insects, birds, animals, cars and cell phones.

We have all kinds of noise inside our heads, too. Past tapes, what others have said and done, things we have done or told ourselves. And what about the noise our hearts make? They laugh, cry, remember, and talk to us too!

I don't think of myself as somebody who leads a fast-paced life. That is until I notice how long it takes me to relax and unwind. Getting quiet doesn't happen quickly for me. Sometimes I even have to consciously work at it.

It's a noisy world. And we all need a quiet place in the midst of all the noise. A safe place, where we can BE STILL, and hear the Lord. He very much wants to tell us how much He loves us, and how unique and special we are to Him, maybe give us our day's marching orders.

Today, He has a safe place, somewhere we can go and listen to the quiet. Maybe inside our mind and heart, or perhaps to a physical spot.Journey there and see what wonderful surprises he has planned for this brand new day of Today that we've never seen before.

Subconscious Mind!

What if I told you that there was a part of your mind that is always working, even when you are asleep? This part of your mind is known as...